Saturday, March 28, 2009

Immeasurably More...

I am writing from my living room and I will be starting my marathon in 11 hours. I'm excited about it and at the same time its hard to believe I am going to run 26.2 miles.......should be interesting. I have had my eyes open to human trafficking the past 6 months and have gone from being very depressed about how bad it is to joyful about what God is doing in Atlanta and the world. The one thing I have been clinging to is Ephesians 3:20.........it might possibly be my favorite verse in the whole bible. I love to think about how my prayers and imagination is nothing compared to God's infinite wisdom! I could spend days dreaming about what I want in this life and what I think would bring fame to the name of Jesus. I could have my perfect plan and yet God is a God of immeasurably more than that. Looking at my life in the rearview mirror I can see how soverign God is over everthing and how His plan and His timing in perfect. I rarely trust with that excitement looking forward in my life. I have made a habbit now to end my prayers with asking God to do "immeasurably more than I can ask or imagine". It reminds me I serve a very large God that has a perfect plan to bring fame to the name of Jesus. So my encouragement to you is to dream big and then know that God can blow your expectations away!!

No comments: