Saturday, February 21, 2009

Don't Waste Your Life....

John Piper is one of my favorite people to read or listen to becuase of the passion he has for Jesus Christ. I heard him at a conference back in college preach from Hebrews 11, the chapter that is commonly known as the "hall of faith". He said some things that rocked my world and really changed the way I viewed my christian faith. I used to think that Christianity was a safe religion and the Christ wanted to make my life better and give me things I desired....I know, pretty shallow. After hearing him speak I began to realize that Christ was everything but safe, yet he was infinitely worthy of being followed.

One of Piper's big sayings, and the title of one of his books, is "Don't Waste Your Life". Below are two video clips of Piper quotes that I have heard several times in my life and every time I hear them they sadden and motivate me simultaneously. They sadden me because I see how often I look to things in this life to give me purpose and satisfaction when only Christ can fullfill that desire. I so often settle for the simple when God has infinite satisfaction waiting for me. It motivates me because I serve a gracious God that has a good and perfect plan for my life.....and that excites me at my core. Who knows what he has in store for me or where I will be or what I will be doing........I can only dream and be willing to answer the call!!







I hope this sparks a desire in your heart to get busy living and to not waste your life.....it does in me!

http://www.dontwasteyourlife.com/

"Christ is most glorified in me, when I am most satisfied in Him."

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

great writing, carson! i am at school so can't view the video clips until i get home.
but LOVE this- love piper, and the dontwasteyourlife stuff. :)
very challenging.