Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Movie Recommendation

So if you don't know...I am dedicating this blog for the next month to bring some awareness to the human trafficking issue in Atlanta.....now you know. A couple of weekends ago I had a friend came in town who wanted to see the movie "Taken". Having no idea what it was about I went and to my surprise it was about human trafficking....crazy how God works!

The movie is about a girl who visits Paris and is taken to be sold in the sex trafficking industry and her fathers quest to get her back. It's action packed and pretty violent in parts but I think it paints a somewhat accurate portrayal of the trafficking industry....I can't say for absolute sure but of what I have read it is reasonable. The movie has some pretty heavy scenes in it so if that bothers you, you've been warned! It has heavy scenes but the whole industry is a heavy subject and ignoring it is not an option. So with that said go check it out sometime....it's entertaining.....it's a guy movie.....and it shed's some light on a trafficking.

Check out the trailer below:

No comments: